Herewith some resources originally collated for the PACSA Paediatric Difficult Airways & Lung Separation Workshop. Wander in here and wondering what PACSA could possibly be? You can find out more here.
Resources to help you:
- DAS/APA Guideline of Difficult Mask Ventilation in children 1-8 years of age
- DAS/APA Gudieline on Unanticipated Difficult Intubation in children 1- 8 years of age
- DAS/APA Guideline on Cannot Intubate/Cannot Oxygenate in children 1-8 years of age
- Our resource on the sizes of supraglottic airways for different sizes of patients, and what ETTs will fit through them.
- How to do flexible-endoscope guided intubation through an SGA.
- Online bronschoscopy simulator (Thoracic-Anesthesia.com)
Skills videos on specific equipment:
- Airtraq optical laryngoscope (see the paeds-specific video examples further down the page)
- Skills for flexible endoscopic intubation
- Bonfils and other rigid endoscopes
(Sourced from above collection and used with appreciation for quick reference in the operating theatre):
Airway dimensions in children. (Source: Hammer, Fizmorris, Brodsky 1999)
Have more useful resources? Please suggest them in the comments below!