Population of this page with resources is ongoing as fast as we can find, vet and upload them 😉 Please leave further suggestions in the comments.
Kovacs & Law’s excellent Airway Management in Emergencies is now being updated into an online, open-access “Infinity Edition” with lots of new content (watch this space!). You can access the AME Infinity Edition here.
There are many good airway sites out there. OpenAirway aims to complement, not compete, so we will list as many here as possible!
- AirwayCam – Home of airway guru Richard Levitan
- Airway Management Academy – Dutch site (in English!) offering courses, with a library of media content.
- Ambu Airway e-Learning – Content from a variety of sources about Ambu airway products
- CCAM – Critical Care Airway Management. Courses based in Australia with some of the great #FOAM minds, great links and info, and some excellent airway strategy
- Scottish Airway Group – Useful links, including a nice straight-forward description of what should be done to set up a good Airway Rescue Trolley.
- The Sharp End has an entire section of airway material for the SMACC airway workshops, as well as teaching material for their Essential Emergency Airway Care Course (EEACC)
- Vortex Approach – All you need to know (including downloads, video tutorials and more) about this airway management cognitive aid.
- Airway Educational Project – A goldmine of content produced at the University of Florida by Prof Felipe Urdaneta.
Airway Twitterati :
There is inevitably a twitterstorm about the newest thinking, equipment and concepts in #airway management happening at any hour of the day. More people and descriptions will follow here – this is just a biopsy of those at the forefront of recollection at the moment. If you have an airway-themed Twitter account, or post regularly on airway issues, please comment below so that you can be added. Some of the key handles to watch are:
- @openairwayorg – Twitter feed for this site!
- @airwaycam – Airway guru Richard Levitan
- @jducanto – James du Canto
- @ketaminh – Minh le Cong, and of course his PHARM Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine page
- @NicholasChrimes – Nicholas Chrimes (of the Vortex Approach)
- @KangarooBeach – Tim Leeuwenburg
- @TBayEDguy – Yen Chow
- @airwayondemand – Will Rosenblatt
- @tubefuisstrong – Jacob Mathiszig-Lee
- @rosshofmeyr – pushing the OpenAirway project forward
LITFL Airway Links:
- Airway Courses – some of the courses available
- Own the Airway – an excellent overview of the entire process of airway management, including useful tutorial videos
- Surgical Cricothyroidotomy – tips and techniques
- YouTube channels
- Open access ENT book
- Open access airway manual