The currently rapidly evolving pandemic of COVID-19 is producing challenges from the highest medical to the most basic social levels, and the picture changes nearly daily. There are good resources cropping up and being shared via many mediums, so here below we’ll provide some of the material specific to airway management. As this is developing every day, expect things on this page to change and be updated. If your material is shared here and you wish it not to be (or it is not linked or attributed correctly), please leave a comment or contact us. If you have other good material, please leave links in the comments and we will update.
Most important message to be championing to the public is to #flattenthecurve. Encourage social distancing, self-isolation of the ill, hand-washing, cough etiquette, avoiding panic, and encouraging sharing of accurate knowledge.
Anaesthesia-specific COVID-19 Guidance
- WFSA: World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists guidance for anaesthesia and perioperative care providers
- ASPF Perioperative considerations for COVID-19
- University of Toronto Department of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine’s Coronavirus and Safety Precautions site
- ASA guidelines on 2019-nCoV
- BJA: Outbreak of a new coronavirus: What anaesthetists should know
- CJA: Practice guidelines for COVID-19 anaesthesia
- Working document, guide and call to action to convert operating theatres to temporary ICUs
- RCOA-OAA guidance on obstetric anaesthesia and COVID-19
- Australian Society of Anaesthesiologists resource page for COVID-19
COVID-19 Airway Management – Infographics and Guidelines
- Australian Society of Anaesthesiologists airway guidelines for COVID-19