We are currently experimenting with webcasting our academic program (DA, FCA 1, FCA 2 and general academic meeting) lectures online on a regular basis, and simultaneously building a repository of recorded lectures online. Below are a few examples as we learn the process. While most are not airway content, they fall under ‘Anaesthesia #FOAM’:
UCT Perioperative Fluids Symposium 2016:
First installment in a series of perioperative medicine meetings, this symposium aimed to address the current thinking, controversies and best practices for fluid administration. All talks recorded live in January 2016.
- An Old Salt’s Tale – Prof Mike James (Emeritus Professor of Anaesthesia, UCT)
- Fluid Responsiveness: A Conceptual Framework – Dr Rowan Duys (Specialist Anaesthesiaologist and UCT Drager Fellow in Anaesthesia Education, eLearning and Simulation)
- What’s in the Bag? – Prof Mike James (Emeritus Professor of Anaesthesia, UCT)
- Haemodynamic Physics and Physiology – Prof Justiaan Swanevelder (Professor and HOD of the UCT Department of Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine)
- Trauma Fluid Resuscitation – Dr Ross Hofmeyr (Specialist Anaesthesiologist and UCT Storz Fellow in Airway & Thoracic Anaesthesia)
- Optimising Outcomes with Haemodynamic Manipulation – Prof Mike James (Emeritus Professor of Anaesthesia, UCT)
- Crystalloid vs Colloid Debate – Prof Mike James (Emeritus Professor of Anaesthesia, UCT)
If you are asked for a password for any of these talks, please email the title to ross dot hofmeyr at uct dot ac dot za and we will provide it.
UCT & Red Cross Children’s Hospital Neonatal Anaesthesia Awareness Month 2016
Please email karmen dot kemp at uct ac dot za if you make use of these lectures, so that we can see which content is popular. The password is RedCross2016, available from either of the addresses above.
- Brilliant practical lecture on Necrotising Enterocolitis by Prof Jenny Thomas (Emeritus Professor of Paediatric Anaesthesia, UCT)
- What is new in Neonatal resuscitation by Prof Michael Harrison – a must-see if your practice includes Caesarian section or labour ward
- Stabilizing and managing the cardiac neonate by Dr Beyra Rossouw – jam packed with so much information!