Population of this page with resources is ongoing as fast as we can find, vet and upload them 😉 Please leave further suggestions in the comments.
There are many good airway sites out there. OpenAirway aims to complement, not compete, so we will list as many here as possible!
- AirwayCam – Home of airway guru Richard Levitan
- Airway Management Academy – Dutch site (in English!) offering courses, with a library of media content.
- Ambu Airway e-Learning – Content from a variety of sources about Ambu airway products
- CCAM – Critical Care Airway Management. Courses based in Australia with some of the great #FOAM minds, great links and info, and some excellent airway strategy
- Scottish Airway Group – Useful links, including a nice straight-forward description of what should be done to set up a good Airway Rescue Trolley.
- The Sharp End has an entire section of airway material for the SMACC airway workshops, as well as teaching material for their Essential Emergency Airway Care Course (EEACC)
- Vortex Approach – All you need to know (including downloads, video tutorials and more) about this airway management cognitive aid.
- Airway Educational Project – A goldmine of content produced at the University of Florida by Prof Felipe Urdaneta.
Airway Twitterati :
There is inevitably a twitterstorm about the newest thinking, equipment and concepts in #airway management happening at any hour of the day. More people and descriptions will follow here – this is just a biopsy of those at the forefront of recollection at the moment. If you have an airway-themed Twitter account, or post regularly on airway issues, please comment below so that you can be added. Some of the key handles to watch are:
- @openairwayorg – Twitter feed for this site!
- @airwaycam – Airway guru Richard Levitan
- @jducanto – James du Canto
- @ketaminh – Minh le Cong, and of course his PHARM Prehospital and Retrieval Medicine page
- @NicholasChrimes – Nicholas Chrimes (of the Vortex Approach)
- @KangarooBeach – Tim Leeuwenburg
- @TBayEDguy – Yen Chow
- @airwayondemand – Will Rosenblatt
- @tubefuisstrong – Jacob Mathiszig-Lee
- @rosshofmeyr – pushing the OpenAirway project forward
LITFL Airway Links:
- Airway Courses – some of the courses available
- Own the Airway – an excellent overview of the entire process of airway management, including useful tutorial videos
- Surgical Cricothyroidotomy – tips and techniques
- YouTube channels
- Open access ENT book
- Open access airway manual